This course is designed to cover the identification and management of spruce beetles in Alaska’s trees and forests. The course includes information on identifying the insect pest as well as signs of an infestation, which trees and forests are at risk for spruce beetle, and management options for ornamental trees and forest settings.
The course material is free to view and access. The course material is also available for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Alaska Certified Pesticide Applicators. If you would like to take the course for CEUs you must register and pay for the course. Course cost is $15.
Janice Chumley, email@example.com
How to Register
If you would like to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this course, you must register first. You can register and pay for this course here. Your instructor will receive an email with your registration information and will invite you to log into this site. In order to get credit for quizzes taken, you must have pre-registered.
For Continuing Education Credits
This course is worth 1 CEU for Alaska Certified Pesticide Applicators.
- Register for the course. Please allow 2 business days after paid registration to receive login information.
- Check your email for the login confirmation link from ‘Open UAF Sites’ – if you do not see it in your inbox, check your spam folder.
- Study the material in each module on this site.
- Take the certification exam. Remember, you must be logged in and score at least 80% on the exam to receive your CEU.
- Your instructor will be notified of your successful completion and will send you a certificate.